Program of Inquiry
A unit of inquiry is an in-depth look at a concept, explored over several weeks. See below for more information about the units of inquiry for each grade level. For details about your child's current unit of inquiry, be sure to read your grade level newsletter.
The PYP has identified six transdisciplinary themes that help to organize the Program of Inquiry (POI).
Each of the transdisciplinary themes:
- has global significance for all students in all cultures.
- offers students the opportunity to explore the commonalities of human experience.
- is supported by knowledge, concepts, and skills from the traditional subject areas but utilizes them in ways that transcend the confines of these subjects, thereby contributing to a transdisciplinary model of teaching and learning.
- will be revisited throughout the students’ years of schooling, so that the end result is immersion in broad-ranging, in-depth, articulated curriculum content.
- contributes to the common ground that unifies the curriculums in all PYP schools.
Source: Making the PYP Happen
2019-2020 Program of Inquiry Overview by grade level