Who we are
Transdisciplinary Theme Who we are: an inquiry into the nature of the self; beliefs and values; personal, physical, mental, social and spiritual health; human relationships including families, friends, communities, and cultures; rights and responsibilities; what it means to be human.
Our actions influence communities.
Lines of Inquiry
- Characteristics of a citizen
- Characteristics of living things
- Characteristics of a student
Attributes of the Learner Profile
Ask your child:
- What can a citizen do?
- Why is it important to be a good citizen at home and in your school community?
- How do you make a positive difference in your classroom?
- How do you show others that you are caring?
- Why is it important to make good choices at home and in school?
- How can you change a poor action to a good action?
Single Subject Connections
For P.E. integration, first graders will explore throwing and catching responsibilities while practicing cooperative behaviors. Students will focus on being principled and taking responsibility for our individual and team actions.