5th Grade Newsletter
Laptops- ALL school-issued laptops will have to be returned to Dogwood on the last day of school. Laptops will not be kept over the summer. If a student is attending summer school another laptop will be provided once summer school begins. More details on drop off and collection procedures coming soon.
- Students should be working on Imagine Literacy and Learning at least 20 minutes 3 times a week
- Read books for 20 minutes every day (Pioneer Valley Literacy Footprints is a great place to access “just right” books online)
- Share what you read with someone at home or in a video on Flipgrid. (log in with your FCPS google account)
- Explore notebook. Practice adding pages; Write for 20 minutes.
- Write lists, brainstorm ideas, free write, journal
- Keep a journal during the break to share and remember your experiences
- Write a letter to thank someone or to a friend/teacher/family member to share about your winter break
- Write down your New Year’s resolutions or goals for 2021
- Students should be playing puzzles on ST Math at least 20 minutes daily
- Practice making reasonable estimations
- Practice adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing without the use of a calculator and checking the answer.
- Plan a meal together: what do you need and how much? Looking at a supermarket ad, estimate how much money is needed to purchase all the ingredients.
- Make the meal together. Will you need to divide or multiply the recipe for the number of people eating?
Important Dates and Reminders
- June 8- All students virtual
- June 11- Last day of school- early release
Grading and Return to School Information:
- Parents and guardians have access to their students grades via their Parent Vue account. More information about how to login can be found at this link.
- Links and information about Return to School can be found on the FCPS website.
- If you opted your child for in-person instruction and would like to go back to virtual, please call the school at 703-262-3100 as soon as possible.
- Dogwood Family Partnership Handbook